Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Happy Blogoversary to Me!

Last year on July 27th I wrote my first blog entry. I was surprised to look up my entry and find that my first story was about finding the six sisters in the Boston Jones family, and their husbands. One of the sisters, Mary Lambert Jones married Captain John Dominis in Boston on 9 October 1824, and removed to Hawaii. She became the mother-in-law to Queen Lili’uokalani.

http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2009/07/hawaii-boston-connection-to-royal.html

This was a surprise to me because over the weekend I just returned from a trip to Hawaii. I met with some “new” cousins, learned about the Dominis family, did a bit of research, and also found time to have a vacation. I’ll be writing about this in my upcoming posts, so stay tuned…

---------------
Copyright 2010, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

5 comments:

  1. Here's to many more years of blogging. Happy Blogoversary! Your Hawaii posts has me wishing for ancestors there, what a great place to do research!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary to you! Congrats on the first year, looking forward to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, wow, doesn't it seem like yesterday? Happy Blogoversary to you. I've enjoyed reading many of your posts and knowing you personally. Here's to a year of more good posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogoversary! Look forward to reading your posts for many more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogoversary (a couple days late)! I enjoy reading your posts and look forward to many more.

    ReplyDelete