Wednesday, February 8, 2012

RootsTech 2012 Tweets

I was not at RootsTech 2012, which was a conference held in Salt Lake City last week for genealogists and also a trade show for genealogical technology.  But I had a lot of fun following along through the magic of technology.  The live streaming videos at www.rootstech.org were wonderful, especially when I had two windows open right along with the tweets and Facebook comments.

Leave me a comment with some of your favorite RootsTech tweets...

Here is a smattering of some tweets, just for fun!

@footnoteMavenfootnoteMaven
@moultriecreek so good so far! 4000 people here who know how to operate their iPhones and iPads.#rootstech


@cballdredgeCindy
#genealogy Great presentation at#rootstech by Ron Tanner. He's my favorite kind of speaker - really smart/intelligent AND a little crazy!

@geneapleauChristine McCloud
First tweet. Dipping my toes in, thanks to Thomas MacEntee's#rootstech presentation, seen via live stream. Hello!



@ACoffinACoffin
Jay Verkler lost his glasses. Please return if found. @JayVerklersHairinconsolable. #rootstech


@geniausJill Ball
Excited to being going to a real American home for a party with other @geneabloggers #rootstech

There were many tweets in other languages, too!

@Red_AntepasadosRed de Antepasados
La App que estabas esperando para iPhone y iPad bit.ly/zucyb3Indexing de FamilySearch#rootstech #genealogía

Tweeter Brand Nieman, who gave this website in his Twitter profile http://semanticommunity.info/, also provided an analysis of the RootsTech tweets at this link http://archivist.visitmix.com/9b21a536/2.  This is a screen shot of that page...

(Click on the image to enlarge this chart)
-------------------
Copyright 2012, Heather Wilkinson Rojo


3 comments:

  1. love this, Heather. Tx for the recap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best tweet at RootsTech was on 2 Februry:

    "funniest thing so far at RootsTech - FamSearch guy telling Steve Morse about 1940 US census site...and only take two hours to find an ED"

    Of course, Steve is the guy who invented the ED finder for many census years, including 1940. The FamSearch guy had no clue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the screenshot by the Analyzer! I ran through the tweets while watching the live streaming... so much fun. Don't have any favourites - loved seeing the excitement and fun everyone was having. And Thomas convinced me to jump my techy'ness up a notch - so I added Tweetdeck (why was I waiting so long), and Evernote. What a wonderful time even from my home.

    ReplyDelete