Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Weathervane Wednesday ~ a Telephone?

I had thought I had run out of weathervanes to photograph in the area, and when I announced this on my blog two weeks ago many email messages flooded in with some good tips.  Several readers told me about this great weathervane.

Do you know where weathervane #32 is located?  Scroll down to the bottom to see the answer!



This very large weathervane is located on the cupola above the Bellweather Community Credit Union on Daniel Webster Highway in Manchester, New Hampshire.  This is my first Manchester weathervane to be featured here at Nutfield Genealogy's Weathervane Wednesday.  This part of Manchester was originally known as Derryfield, and was broken off from Nutfield.  When Derry and Londonderry separated into two towns, Derryfield became it's own town in 1751 and was later named Manchester in 1810. 

The Bellweather Community Credit Union website https://www.bccu.org/


-----------------
Copyright 2012, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

3 comments:

  1. Now that is a really super cool weather vane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats very cool. Love the telephone. I dont remember that weathervane but i used to pass by that bldg almost every day! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that is so unique! I really love it. :D

    ReplyDelete