Thursday, April 4, 2013

Family Tree Craft Idea

Several years ago my daughter made me this great gift.  She saw it in a craft magazine where someone used a stencil or scrapbooking Cricut machine to make the leaves, but she just cut out each leaf herself with scissors.  She copied one of my family tree charts to put down four generations in each frame, for the paternal and maternal sides of the family. I was quite surprised and happy to see that she did this all by herself, and she certainly surprised me!


This would be an easy craft idea for any age to complete.  Pretty clever, 'eh?

----------------------
Copyright 2013, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

5 comments:

  1. Love it! You should also check out Martha Stewart's website. She has some great ideas for crafting family trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gives me some good ideas for Christmas!! I guess if you wanted to connect both sides, it could be one tree in a landscape format frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, and also graceful. I like the autumn colors. I wonder if this craft idea will garner 500 hits, like your bread board with the wood-burned recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice idea and such a thoughtful gift. From where do your Wilkinson's hail?

    Laura Hedgecock
    http://www.TreasureChestOfMemories.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by my blog, Laura. I've posted many stories here about my Wilkinson family, including many trees and photos. The first Wilkinson in my lineage was Thomas Wilkinson, of London, who married Elizabeth Caverly in Portsmouth, New Hampshire in 1715. To see all the Wilkinson stories, scroll down to the keyword WILKINSON in the right hand column and click to pull up all the posts.

      Delete