Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thank You to Family Tree Magazine!



Thank you Family Tree Magazine for naming Nutfield Genealogy on their 2013 Top 40 Genealogy Blogs!  Just about when I realized that I had let my subscription to Family Tree Magazine lapse, genealogy friends started posting congratulations to me on Facebook and Twitter.  It was confirmed when my friend Midge Frazel sent me a scan of the article, and I was on the list. ThomasMacEntee was the first to post a link on his blog to the article itself on his blog. 

Several other New England Genealogy blogs made the “Top 40”:

Dick Eastman “Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter

Midge Frazel “Granite in my Blood

Cynthia Shenette “Heritage Zen

Of course, there are blogs from all over the United States and Canada on this list, and you would enjoy any one of them.  There are also blogs listed in categories such as “Good Advice”,  “Tech Support”,  “Gravestone Matters”,  “Heritage Help”,  “Shop Talk” and “Story Time”.   There is something for everyone on this list, and I hope you find a few to add to your blog reader or bookmarks. 

Click here to read the article about the Family Tree Magazine Top 40 Genealogy Blogs:

-------------------------------------
Copyright 2013, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

13 comments:

  1. Hip Hip Hooray! A well deserved award, Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you! I do understand why you made their list. Your blog is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Heather! What a wonderful and well-deserved honor for you and your awesome blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather,

      I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2013/04/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-april-19.html

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Hi, Heather,

    Congratulation from ome winner to another!I was completely shocked when I woke up Wednesdat mornig to diacover that my blog www.genealogycanada.blogspot.com was in the list for the Top 40.

    Three cheers to all those who were listed.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Heather!!!! Good job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you! I always enjoy your adventures. All my best,

    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being one of the Top 40 Picks. Happy Dance. for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Well-deserved, Heather. You've got a nice mix of reporting, stories, photographs, gravestones, etc. Keep on rolling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Heather! I just found your BLOG today and I am so glad I did! First of all, it is very pretty and has lots of information that I find fascinating. Also, it looks like we may have some mutual New England ancestors. I love you page with your surname lists, very handy! I will get a list like that going on my blog right away! I also have a Scottish prisoner of war from the ship Unity and my husband's ancestors were all over Nova Scotia, Maine, and New Hampshire! I joined your blog and I will be following up with you. :) I will send you a message offlist. In the meantime you can take a look at my work-in-progress family history site at www.gransfamilyhistory.com. I so admire that you are able to visit your ancestor's places in NE. I live in Northern California and only visit virtually! I think that I saw the headstone for your William Munroe online somewhere just yesterday in Lexington. Have you seen it? Please also join my www.scottishprisonersofwar.com blog, it is BRAND NEW this week. I am very happy to have discovered you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa, would you like me to add your name to the New England Geneabloggers list? We are on Facebook. Just "like" us and I'll add your name to the "about" section. Lots of other New England bloggers and their readers would be interested in this.

      Delete