Friday, February 28, 2014

Photo Friday ~ Mom, her Mom and two of her aunts, 1972 Bar Harbor Maine

In 1972 my Mom and Dad took a weekend trip to Bar Harbor, Maine.  While they were admiring the waterfront they bumped in to a "Golden Ages" bus tour.  Some of the members of this senior citizen group were  my grandmother and her two sisters.  What serendipity!

My Dad took this nice photo, which I found in a box of slides.  From left to right, Gertrude Hitchings Allen (my grandmother, 1905 - 2001), my Mom, Eunice "NuNu" Hitchings Bunce (1904 - 1985), and Mildred "Millie" Hitchings Wentworth Henley (1909 - 1981).  My grandmother was from a family of eight Hitchings siblings, and there were four sisters.  The eldest sister Helen Hitchings Robston Metzler (1900 - 1981) lived in Florida at this time.

Don't you just love the 1970's fashion colors?  And the eyeglasses?

The URL for this post is 

Copyright (c) 2014, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment