Friday, January 9, 2015

The Allen Kids - Photo Friday

My Mom was one of seven siblings, and they grew up in the Great Depression so there weren't many photos of all of them together.  Here are two that survived all those years.


In this photo my Mom (Phyllis) is the only child hiding her face!
In this the youngest was Bobby, born in 1937. 
The photo is dated 1939, and my uncle Dick wasn't born until 1942. 
By 1944 the eldest boy, Stan, enlisted in WWII, and by 1945 Barbara was married.


Here they all were 36 years later for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary celebration, 
standing in birth order. 



This is a page from the little photo album that my grandmother had in the nursing home in her later years.  My mother had labeled all the pages so that Nana could remember the names and faces. 

-----------------------------
The URL for this post is
http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-allen-kids-photo-friday.html
Copyright (c) 2015, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment