Friday, April 22, 2016

Nana in the 1920s


My grandmother as a teenager, in the 1920s. 
Beverly, Massachusetts


My grandmother, Gertrude Matilda Hitchings (1905 - 2001) marked these photos in her own handwriting in a small photo album she had in a nursing home for the last few years of her life.  She marked them in pencil so she would remember who were the people in photos.  This was good for me that she did that!

In this photo we see (left to right) Nana, her friend Bea, and "Skeet" is her little sister Mildred Florence (1909 - 1981).  I don't know who is the Bob on the right side.  I love that there are two sheep and a tiny puppy in the photograph!

------------------------


Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Nana in the 1920s", Nutfield Genealogy, posted April 22, 2016,  (  http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2016/04/nana-in-1920s.html: accessed [access date]).

No comments:

Post a Comment